Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fun Stuff in my Mega Cool Sewing Studio...

I wanted to show off some of my fun things in my new sewing studio!!
So today I thought, why not?!?!
First of all, this is my trusty sewing assistant Isabelle looking all business. She usually isn't this serious but I think she was trying to hold her pose... :)
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 12
I made this from an old frame that I had been dragging around for a couple years. It was a dirty copper color so I decided to spray paint it white and I LOVE the way it turned out. The paint crackled with the pre-existing paint and it came out with such depth and personality. Then I glued a wooden thread holder inside the frame and there you go!
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 8
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 9
This is an old type drawer that I made into a hanging thread rack. Love this.
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 6
My husband got these rulers for me this weekend in Exeter, NH at an old vintage shop. They are super great and fit perfectly in my new set up!!
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 5
I'm trying a new technique to cover these letters with recycled fabrics. The Y was just a trial run but it worked so I'll do the rest too!
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 3
I have had this purse for YEARS and now it finally has a place to sit and display its buttons... home sweet home... :)
mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio 2
Oh me and these damn blocks... Ask any of my girlfriends who yard sale with me what is the number one thing I want... I bet they'll all say those damn wooden blocks!
As I unpack I have been finding bag after bag of vintage wooden blocks. I think I should start collecting something else now...mamaka mills studio new hampshire nh, cool studio, cool sewing studio