Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Custom T Shirt Memory Quilt- 'Going Away To College Gift' in Progress...

Here are some pics of today's progress on this memory quilt made from t shirts, sports jerseys, etc.
My client is giving it to her son for his going away present to college!!
What a GREAT idea!!
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
All of the t shirts have to be cut and then treated with an interfacing to make it sturdy and stiff.
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
I am even including a nylon bag with my client's son's middle school logo on it.
 I also fuse this to a backing to make it more durable when added to the final quilt...
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
Now that everything is cut and treated,
 I am sewing navy blue borders on and will arrange them on my design wall!
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
Cool T shirt Memory Quilt
Stay tuned!!